Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer 2012

In summer, the song sings itself.  - William Carlos Williams

Sunny summer greetings to everyone!  As I write this note, I am enjoying a perfectly gorgeous summer morning and watching the moon set over Mt Tam. I am in awe of the beauty of my surroundings and am so grateful to be living in right here, right now! 

A few weeks ago I returned from spending the 4th of July in Kansas with my family. It was a sweltering 103 degrees the day I arrived and got steadily hotter each day until a cool front came and brought some rain right before I left. I remember those days growing up on the farm and we didn't have air conditioning for much of my childhood. We just figured out how to manage in the heat. This visit I spent a lot of time at the community pool with my grandson. Talk about living each moment to the fullest, he certainly exemplified that! I loved watching him jump from the diving board, make new friends, and just have a blast.

In a few days my daughter and granddaughter will be visiting me for a week. We'll spend most of that time in Tahoe, hiking, biking, swimming and hanging out - I'm ready for a true vacation where I leave all work and daily concerns behind. We'll also meet up with my niece and her husband in San Francisco who will be vacationing from Wisconsin. 

And finally, at the end of August, I'll be joining about 60+ aunts, uncles, cousins, spouses and children for our bi-annual family reunion. This time it will be in Utah. It's always a great time to reunite with this clan. We all get along well, have a lot of fun together, play multiple games of Scrabble and Taboo, as well as sing and dance and eat. This tradition was started when my daughter was 9 months old and she's now nearly 34 so that tells you how long we've managed to keep this going!

So it will be a busy and fun filled rest of the summer and my commitment is to live in each moment and enjoy it to the fullest. I feel very blessed with doing work that I love, friends and relationships that nurture and fill me, good health, and the opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

Wishing you a wonderfully delicious fun filled summer as well!

To your health and happiness,  

Rachelle Goering, M.A., N.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment